Morning Drop Off
- Enter the school grounds from John E. Mann Street
- Pull up in front of the school building
- Children should only exit the side of the car closest to the school building
- Proceed cautiously up the hill and exit onto Winchester Street
- Driving through the lower parking lot is dangerous and prohibited
- Enter the school grounds from Winchester Street
- Proceed down the hill forming two lines and wait facing John E. Mann Street
- Please keep in mind which direction you will turn onto John E. Mann Street when choosing a lane.
- If planning to turn LEFT onto John E. Mann Street, the traffic pattern at the top of the hill is as follows: proceed cautiously down the back aisle in the church parking lot, around the loop in front of the convent and back to the hill. Stay on the left side of the hill.
- If planning to turn RIGHT onto John E. Mann Street, the traffic pattern is as follows: proceed cautiously down the front aisle of the church parking lot and down the hill on the right side.
Parents will be provided (2) two name placards at the beginning of the school year, they should be used on a daily basis for carpool. The name placard should be visible in your windshield for pickup. If the name placard is NOT available, you will be asked to provide your name, and picture ID to sign the child out of the school. This policy is to ensure the safety of each student in our school.
Anyone picking up or dropping off students at both arrival and dismissal is asked to refrain from using cell phones in the car pool line. This policy is for the safety of each child.
Preschool Carpool Instructions:
Morning Drop Off
There are two methods of student drop off:
Option 1. An authorized adult or parent walk student(s) in, sign at clipboard in the foyer area and escort child to the respective classroom. Please remember the parking lot safety rules.
No child(ren) can be left in an unattended vehicle.
Hold the hand of your child(ren) at all times.
At approximately 7:45 a.m. daily, a staff member will greet you at the handicap ramp at the side
of our Parish offices/ Preschool building. A guardian or parent unbuckles and hands off the willing student. A sign-in sheet will document the time and person delivering the student. After collecting 3-5 students a staff member will shuttle each to the correct classroom. This service is only available from 7:45-8:00a.m. The first few days of class staff/parents shall establish if a student might have a separation issue. Only students willing to ‘make the break’ from Mom and/or Dad can use this method of drop-off. Students arriving before 7:45 or after 8:00 are escorted by adult into the school.
11:30 dismissal of students is a drive-through system using the portico of St. John the Evangelist Elementary School (SJES). We request parents enter viaWinchester street, slowly proceed past the Church, down the hill and wait in your vehicle. A staff member will escort your child to the car for you to seat and buckle him/her. Approved persons must initial a sign out sheet at pick-up. Children will not be released to anyone not on the student’s approved list.
During inclement weather the preschool/pre-K students dismiss from the classrooms. A clipboard for sign out will be in the student’s classroom.
Whenever St. John Elementary School (SJES) has an ‘early dismissal’ day preschool / Pre-K students dismiss from their classroom.
If a class goes to St. John Elementary School for a presentation or for a special class, and the weather becomes foul, that particular class will dismiss from the Elementary School portico. It is in the best interest of the person picking up the student to call the Preschool office when in doubt of pick-up method.
Preschool Extended Day Dismissal is from 11:40 to 6:00 p.m. from the preschool building. Late Fees will incur for a late pick up. Children staying later than 6:00 will incur additional fees for prompt payment or the service may be denied.