The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) coordinates all the fundraising efforts at St. John School. Major fundraisers include:
- Race for Education – All Pre-School and Elementary students secure pledges from family and friends. The students run race laps to satisfy pledges and win individual prizes. This year’s race collected $15,000.00, which was used to replace computer lab equipment.
- Casino Night – This involves a real life casino with no cash. Raffles and tokens are used in this adult fundraiser. Instead of cash, patrons “win” tickets for chances to select donated prizes. Proceeds from this fundraiser are used for textbooks and new curriculas.
- Breakfast with Santa – Participants are charged an admission to have breakfast and take photos with Santa. Proceeds go to school equipment purchases.
- Family Fun Night – This evening includes activities such as bingo and chili cook-offs.
- Christmas wreath, wrapping paper, and candy-holiday fundraisers are held to raise money for miscellaneous PTO expenses.